quinta-feira, 27 de agosto de 2015

Robert's Interview with WAZ from Germany



As in "Twilight" Robert Pattinson - the vampire shines on the red carpet, now that he's almost unrecognizable. He's putting honey in your coffee, laughs and hides his face behind his beard. With 29 years he continues struggling to leave behind his time as a teen heartthrob.

Mr. Pattinson, usually you are chased by paparazzi. How to interpret the one who is always behind the celebrities in his new film "Life"?

I play a young photographer Dennis Stock, who is aware of how equally young James Dean was even before becoming an icon - you may remember the picture of him in which there is a disgruntled James with a cigarette in his mouth walking in the rain in Times Square . Stock surely would have hated if you call him paparazzi. He saw himself with an artist, en spared no effort to show it. And I also saw it as a [artist].

Ok, in the 50s, the times were still comfortable. How would you react if someone approached you today and say, "Hey, Robert, I want to take some pictures of you" - as Stock with Dean?

That would be impossible. Because I clearly had the idea that he was a psychopath behind me. But at that time it was different: There were no cell phones and amateur photographers only professional photographers - And then they had to find a magazine to publish the photos. Today the internet is full of smartphone photos.

How do you deal with the ubiquitous cell phone pictures?

A lot depends on my mood. When I'm in a good mood, it's okay. If not, I feel harassed. And it also needs to be careful that you're not funny and feel persecuted: Sometimes you feel like you want to take pictures of people who are coping much better with the days of them.

You deal well with the frenzy of "Twilight" now than when you were 20?

Most of the time I was busy trying to hide. You find yourself in a state of shock. You do not really understand what's going on with you. For one, my personal development stopped. That was weird: I was 22, and suddenly I was already 2 or 3 years older. I was also working at the time, it was much quoted at the time. It was crazy. My first real break was after the last film "Twilight."

But now it is calm? With beard you have used, it would not be recognized in any way.

Yes, now I'm going to the supermarket without people looking at me. I have fortunamente gained self-confidence. But I remain cautious: I do not want this image to go public and get drunk or something.

Do you think you have left the image of teen heartthrob slightly to one side now?

The real problem was: You're going after dimensioned criteria unrelated if you are involved in a big expensive movie, which is under so much pressure. The crucial question is always: How many millions renders this film? This is ridiculous! You have to be careful not to get stuck in this world.

You certainly made a lot of money and could leave this world [of fame]. Why do not you do it?

Much money, certainly not, but you know, I am not of those who are behind it. Money is not the main desire of a young actor. And there is not enough money to make me leave.

What is your goal?

Hard to say. Crystallizes only slowly a way out, even in my films. "Twilight" I was somehow repeatedly pushed the reset button, and then came the next film.

And what happened next?

I took careful steps moves to reality. I always tried to be strictly distinguished: How the characters I play, and here in my real life, I want to be entirely independent.

And today?

Now I try to make movies with people who have more to do with me and that I love and that I have more control. I do it with authors such as David Cronenberg or as now with Anton Corbijn.

What's different about them?

They protect their films. You can not control their films being out - respectful of a director who works on behalf of a major studio. When it really matters, a call from a superior, and so are no longer directors who control the film, but the studio.

And now the doors were opened to you with these directors: Cronenberg said his name has been on the poster of the film "Cosmopolis" only by a financial reason.

Well, I just hope that the directors chose me not just because so they can finance their Fimes. And I get very small roles such as in "Queen of the Desert" as Lawrence of Arabia Werner Herzog '. I do not think in any way, there is a guarantee that the actor's name might lead people to the movies. Those days are over. With a few exceptions. One of them is called Brad Pitt.

Much of what you say, it sounds bitter: You would like young people in general, did not have a hit as you had in "Twilight"?

That time was great! "Twilight" was a very special thing, because of the enthusiasm of the fans. Young actors could do this but I would warn not to overload. You should be careful to maintain a healthy relationship with reality. On the other hand you can easily fall - and then begin perhaps until much later. So: Take care of themselves!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário